Wednesday, November 17, 2010

feelin stronger

Sometimes this life wears me down, way down. I have had a rough little bit lately, I dont know if its since the hysterectomy or what. But few times a year I just feel overwhelmed and inadequate. Sometimes I feel like I should be a better mom, better wife, better friend, etc. I should be more organized and patient. I want to do better be better and this all leads to feeling more overwhelmed.
Then the other day as I sat in church and sang(or tried to sing) Count your blessings. I was comforted and grateful that as long as we are doing are best, thats what really matters. I know sometimes my best is not enough. But its all I got and stress and anxiety, never help anything.
Than I read this quote,
You get what you give! We'd all like a quick fix solution to our problems, an express lane to our goals. But if your looking for something meaningful, it calls for hard work and perservance. A halfway job will produce halfway results. Remember, you will only reap the benefits of whatever effort you exert in the first place. While its tempting to cut corners and be lazy. Remember down the road you are only cheating yourself and those cop-outs will become regrets. Draw from your inner strength to stay focused on your goals. A little more work today means a much better tomorrow.
It got me thinking alot, about my life, the gospel, fitness. Its going on my fridge for awhile. Its all totally worth it. Thank goodness at the end of every rough day, I can go to sleep and tomorrow is always a better day.
Brady, "Hey dad this looks like mom, If mom was a superhero this is the one she would be. lol. I will take it, if I could only see myself like brady does.

7 comments:

Kris Tina said...

I am totally putting this quote on my fridge. Chin up! If you would like - I would be happy to bring over some raw but burnt on the outside sausages for a treat.

Why is it so easy to believe the negative stuff? But if it is positive it doesn't count.

Rachel said...

You really ARE a superhero, Tara! Love this thought...I'm always here for a chat. Heaven knows you've helped me through some anxious times just by listening and some kind words. :)

MommyMert said...

Sometimes I wonder if our children really see what we REALLY are... We really are our worst critics. I LOVE you! I think you are wonderful.

Lori said...

Rumor has it, that you are a super hero! =) I understand...you just like to be modest!!

emlizalmo said...

I'm right there sith you sister...the inadequate stuff floating through my head for the past few weeks. Don't put that negative stuff out in the universe, right? :) You look JUST LIKE that girl in green. You are strong and wonderful. Don't you forget it.

Michelle said...

I see you like that, too! Brady's not alone. You are an amazing woman and remember, we're all in this together. We all feel this way and we can all put our arms around each other or link arms and give it our best shot.

Kristin said...

I love that quote. Thank you. And seriously, Brady is so right. How cool is it that you are that to him. I think you are awesome tara. Hugs and love you.