Wednesday, August 25, 2010

first day, #2


So today Char started her first day of school. I cannot believe she is in 8th grade and next year is high school. How, How I just dont understand. She was very excited, we did our usual fashion show so every
one could vote on her outfit. She is a beautiful, fabulous young women who I am very proud of.
List of 8 things I love about her for my 8th grader:

1- I love how she says it like it is, sometimes she hurts my feelings or others. Opposite of her mother who sugar coats it. I love that she speaks her mind and reminds us of what acceptable.
2- She is stubborn. Let me tell you there are times I dont love this trait, but I hope she continues to refuse to budge when it comes  to her goals.
3-I love her creativity, she is always making little village out of rocks or buttons. A home for Ellas zhu zhu pet. SHe is very creative I love that.
4- She is strict, she is my best helper with the littles when she is in the mood. When I got back from my trip to Texas the kids were calling her mama char. She does not let them bend the mood, she is always reminding them of consequences for there actions. I know I should work on that.
5- She is such a great student she almost had straight A's last year, all on her own, she rarely asks for help.
6- She is very compassionate for those around her. She is a good friend.
7- I love that she keeps me in check. She is constantly helping remind me of all that is going on in our busy schedule. If there is ever anything really important I let her know and she makes sure I remember.
8- She also is a great leader, she makes me proud, she is organized and strong.
Teenagers are alittle tougher than I thought they would  be. Dont get me wrong, I have some pretty great kids. I just always thought I could be the cool mom and understand them and that they would always look at me like I was great. They dont! They get frustrated with me. I learned alot in my life and I am not very old. I may not be the most experience mom. But it was not to long ago I was a teenager and I made some not so great choices. I just have to find the balance. Nick and I worry alot and want the best for them. She did great she came home with a big smile and I have a big smile thinking about what a great girl she is.....

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

She is every bit as great as you said. I love her. She is a beautiful example to all the other girls around her. You really should be SUPER proud. :)