Monday, September 8, 2008

Go Charlee Go!!!


I would like to do a little shout out to my Charlee bear. She has been wanting to run a 5k so bad and I just have not know if she could do it. Last summer running 2 miles was like a form of torture. This year her running has improved a ton. Well today she announced she would like to run 4 miles today. So we compromised and decide we would run 3 miles. Well we drove our course to the lake and back I showed her where the 2 mile mark would be so we could for sure get in her 2 miles. Off we went and guess what she did it!!! I am so proud of her. She pretty much is ready for the school 5 k coming. THe only time she cried is when I told her we should run one more block. She is so emotional right now so it doesnt take much. Way to go Char.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice job ladies!!

Good luck on the school 5k!:)

emlizalmo said...

Charlee! You are so amazing! I can't believe you DID that. I'm proud of you too...I know from personal (panting...I.can't.go.one.more.step)experience. :)

Lori said...

SWEET! Way to you. I myself just took up running and it is the biggest high to accomplish a goal like that. Congrats!

Rachel said...

I'm impressed, especially since running 1 mile at that age was hard for me. So exciting...she's definitely turning into her amazing mom!

Kristin said...

You have a great example in your mother--congrats on finishing. Very cool.

The James said...

Nice job Charlee!!! You would kick my behind if we had a race. You're a tough cookie.

Lynne said...

Steph told me to check out what Charlee had been doing. Well done, Charlee, You go, girl.

mcintyreandco said...

That is awesome! Way to set goals and accomplish them. You guys are a great family!