Friday, September 12, 2008

Say Hi to your new Pta President!


So I was looking through some pictures looking for a picture where I looked like a PTA President.I could not find one. So I put a picture of me at Ella's party. I usually take the pictures, so I am not in many of them. I know what your thinking all kinds of people are PTA Presidents. But I imagine this well put together,organized, soft spoken, did I say organized ok I will say it again. I guess what I am getting at is I was floored me when the principal called to ask me if I would do this. I am the president Elect this year and the president next year.When I talked to one of my great friends about some of my shortcomings that I wasnt sure I could do this. She kindly let me know I have a whole year to prepare myself. That was good advice. I feel really good about this. I love kids and I love school. I love kids to get a great education and I love for them to have a great time doing it. I do not know of all the detail of my upcoming job. I do know that it has helped me to get some things in perspective and it has made me want to work on my short comings and be a better mom. I am so grateful for the great support system I have, that I know will help me along the way...thank you

12 comments:

Kristin said...

You're awesome!!! I'm excited for you and for our school. I actually signed up to be on the PTA this year--we'll see how that goes. Maybe by next year I'll be more into it and can help you more. Yeah for Tara!! You will do a fantastic job.

Kristin said...

PS--And I think that is a cute pic of you with your sweet baby girl. You're beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a big job. I'm sure you'll be great at it. By the way, your hair looks great! Did you cut it??

mcintyreandco said...

You will be fabulous! I think that is wonderful!

freerville said...

Who would of ever guessed Tara the ultimate PTA Mom. I did. You were always great with kids and will do a wonderful job! I'm so excited and proud of you. My New Roll Model:>

Lori said...

We will have to swap ideas. I was crazy enough to volunteer to be PTO pres. at Bree's school this year. You'll be great and do a super job!

natskeen said...

You will be the BEST PTA president! Way to go! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Shannon said...

Crazy girl! Good luck with that one! Good thing there are mom's like you out there.

Kyrsten said...

You are going to be the best. You can start a new style trend for the PTA.

emlizalmo said...

Tara...you will be so great. And...like I said, if you don't wake up from this crazy scary dream of yours, I'll join next year...just so I can hang out withyou! :)

Rachel said...

Congrats, Tara! You'll be fantastic, I know.

Sarah said...

Congrats!! You are one busy lady! Love your hair by the way!:)